Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Summer Mornings

This week has been much more of what I had in mind for this summer: nice long walks on the lakefront while we still live in the city (no move scheduled yet, but we are shopping for suburban homes), dinner outside, no huge rush to do anything, and a trip to Michigan at the end of the week to visit family.

It took seven weeks for me to figure out what I am doing enough to make this happen, and I am certainly still figuring things out as I go along, but we are getting more mobile and enjoying getting out both on our own and to go visit friends and family.

On Monday we took a walk in the stroller:

Max was happy and sleeping on the way south along the lakefront, but woke up and was fussy on the way home. Today I took him out in the Moby wrap (a sling-like contraption that is thankfully very easy on my back) and he slept the whole hour and 45 minutes that we were out walking. It was a nice morning for a walk - humid and sticky but not too hot, and overcast and shady so I didn't have to slather on the sunscreen (or "liquid raincoat" as Mike calls it).
At the beginning of our walk on Monday it was pretty chilly so I got to dress Max up in the green sweater that I knitted for him while I was pregnant:
What a perfect morning! I kept thinking this morning that some people talk about high school or college being the best time of their lives, but I think I am living the best time of my life now. I feel so fortunate to be able to have this experience of raising this cute litle man and being home with him full time, at least for now. It is a challenge, and exhausting at times, but it is so rewarding, especially when he smiles at me!

No comments:

Post a Comment