Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Birthday Boy

Dear Max,

One year ago at 4:48 in the afternoon, you appeared in our lives like this:


Beautiful as can be! Crying and snorting (you still do that) and waving your arms. And everything changed - for the better. This is your huge self today:
Our first year together (not counting the 9 months we spent together before I could tell how much you look like your daddy) has been amazing. You are such a good boy and have such a big personality. I have the best job in the world right now - chasing after you and taking care of my baby boy. I couldn't ask for anything more.

Grandma Alyse and Grandpa Vic helped us celebrate your first birthday by going to lunch at the Arboretum.

Your two bachans were there too.


It was hot outside - unlike last year. Last May 25 was cool and rainy. I remember fogging up the back window of the car when we were sailing down Lakeshore Drive on our way to the hospital - I wondered (in the back of my head somewhere) if anyone could tell that I was not buckled in, kneeling on the back seat trying not to have a baby in the car. After making us wait so long (10 days late!), you were in a big hurry! We barely made it to the hospital before you were born.




Today you got to try Bachan Sumie's famous apple pie for the first time:






You LOVED it.

We love you. Happy birthday baby boy!

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAX!!! - Alison, Scott & Connor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the GUSTO with which he devours that pie :)

    ReplyDelete